Most of the time, you can use product rules to automatically add city tax to incoming reservations; it's only necessary to turn on the automatic city tax feature when your city tax needs are specific. To find out if automatic city tax is right for you, contact your Account Manager.
Note: If you turn on automatic city tax, the tax won't be listed in any of your reports. We recommend you use product rules for city tax, unless absolutely necessary.
If you're already using a product rule to add city tax to reservations, you need to update the product rule before turning on automatic city tax.
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Services.
- Select your stay service.
- In your General settings, find the City tax field and select your city.
- If you can't find your city, it may not be supported yet.
- Under City tax mode, choose if you want the city tax to be included or excluded from the reservation price.
- If city tax is excluded, it will be charged on top of the reservation price. For example: if your city tax is €2 and a guest makes a reservation for one night at a rate of €10 per night, the guest will pay €12.